Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I'm trying to remover the shaft off of my lower unit but not

Customer Question

I'm trying to remover the long shaft off of my lower unit but not sure how it comes out its the first time I've tried to take one off of a evinrude
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I'm receiving a new underwater unit with out a shaft so I need to remove it from the old one that practically blew up
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: The prop shaft was pushed out and the case cracked when it broke
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the engine model number please?