Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1993 115 mercury outboard motor. idles good gh speed good

Customer Question

1993 115 mercury outboard motor. idles good high speed good around 2000 to 3000 rpms runs like crap?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I can get the boat to idle good and at full throttle but at 2000 to 3000 rpms it runs bad.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I replace the high speed acceleration pump, the oil pump and check valve. rebuilt the carbs, new gas and filters.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number so that I can run it and see exactly what you have.

Have you ever personally seen this engine make full power? If yes, how long ago was that?

How old is the gas in the boat?

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply and logged off. Did you still need help with this?