Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Have dual Volvo Penta 5.7 GI in 2003 Larson 330 Cabrio. Port

Customer Question

Have dual Volvo Penta 5.7 GI in 2003 Larson 330 Cabrio. Port engine starts normally with throttle in neutral. Starboard will not start without advancing the accelerator. Obviously when it starts, I have to decrease engine RPM, but if I go right to neutral, it usually stalls and I need to start over. Does not seem to be sensitive to hot or cold start. What do you think?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jeff, my name is Jason.

There is going to be an extra letter or more after the GI in the model number, can I get that number so I can see exactly which which engine you have. The issue is GI is a family of engines, not a specific model number, I need the specific model number.