Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

When the key is turned to the on position the guauges will

Customer Question

When the key is turned to the on position the guauges will not come on. The boat will crank but not start
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It just happened. Worked all weekend then the guauges quick getting power and it would crank but not start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Just what I said
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Is the kill lanyard attached?

Could I get the make, model and serial number of the engine please?