Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1984 40hp Mariner that is mechanically hard to pull

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have a 1984 40hp Mariner that is mechanically hard to pull start. I can pull it but is won't spin freely. I removed the plugs and poured oil on the cylinders and let them soak for a day. I spins easily with the plugs removed.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. The motor has always gotten new plugs and gear oil at the beginning of each fishing season. It also gets a freshwater flush after every trip. Given the fact that its 34 years old it has never been in the shop for tune-up or repairs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote, I do not see any kind of question in there. Tow is it I can help you?