Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

My 2006 Yamaha sx210 jet boat dashboard power (radio, bilge,

Customer Question

My 2006 Yamaha sx210 jet boat dashboard power (radio, bilge, courtesy light, nav lights) is out while the ignition for both engines are fully operational. I've checked ECM fuses and battery fuse which all look fine. Any other suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

On the battery there is a fuse for the boat on the smaller red wire. Is that the one that you looked at?

If you have a battery switch, it may be jut after the switch.

Also on the dash area, look at all of the wiring under the dash to make sure that nothing has become unplugged.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Correct. There is a 20A fuse on the small red wire that I looked at. It appears in tact.i may have wrongly concluded that the fuse must be fine since there is power to the ignition and the engines are starting, that is unless the cranking power comes from a separate battery cable that runs to each engine?There is no battery switch on this boat. I run a single cranking battery connected to both engines.I checked under the dash and cables appear to be connected and run to each component separately.I don't have a wiring diagram for the boat and have not been able to find one to trace the problem.
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

The engines get their power from the larger leads that go from the battery to the engines. The boat gets its power from the smaller wire. Replace that 20A fuse on the small line and see if you can get power back.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Let me know what you find out on it. If that is not the cause, you will need a multimeter to troubleshoot further.