Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Water is getting into the air rail due to condensation from

Customer Question

Water is getting into the air rail due to condensation from the air coming from the compressor.The water is mixing with the fuel & completely clogging up the fuel jets with a white milky waxy substance.I live in an area with very high humidity,the distributer of the engine new about this & their response was to not use the engine during times of high humidity which is 9 months of the year.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: There is also a screen/filter on the fuel/air rail which was completely sealed from the waxy substance.It rendered the engine useless in under 40hrs run time over a 12 week period from brand new.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Engine is a 2013 50hp Tohatsu TLDI,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I don't quite understand your question. The air side of the system has nothing to do with the fuel side of the system, they are completely separate. What is clogging up exactly?

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Jason,
The air /fuel rail was removed from the engine & pulled apart by the mechanic that is looking at it.I was there when he did it but don"t know the exact names of the components.I know nothing about these components so will probably have to see him & get the specifics of the bits that were clogged & get back to you at a later date.I know for sure they were within the fuel/air rail & were seriously clogged.
My name is Peter,
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Peter. Get me some specifics and we can take it from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He determined that condensation was mixing with fuel via the compressor.All the O rings on the air side of it were in very poor condition & perished as well.The gaskets in the air compressor were fine.
I will get back to with the proper names of the clogged components.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Condensation can not get into the fuel components. The fuel side of the system is completely separate from the air side.