Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My oil level was low on my 2006 150 efi Mercury and the

Customer Question

Hi pearl, my oil level was low on my 2006 150 efi Mercury and the alarm beeps 4 times every few minutes. I have filled resovoir in motor and tank but it won't start. Starting and running previous
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I used my boat 48 hrs ago and apart from the low oil level alarm it was fine. I filled engine resovoir and main resovoir but now it won't start
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Did u get that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

First thing to look at is the kill switch in the boat if one is installed. Make sue that the switch is fully in the ON position. If that is good. Check the engine for spark. If you are getting spark. Look at the fuel filter to make sure that there is no water in it. If the fuel and the spark is good, run a compression test on the engine. Each cylinder needs to be over 100 PSI.