Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1994 Yamaha c115 v4 outoboard starts and runs like new when

Customer Question

1994 Yamaha c115 v4 outoboard starts and runs like new when warm or hot outside. but when cool outside or the next morning will not start till warms to a significant temperature. The carbs are clean could a float be sticking with the change in temp or barometric pressure,
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Have you ever personally seen this engine start correctly, if yes, when was that?

Has the engine been compression tested yet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the engine starts perfect when warm outside push throttle forward a little and kicks right off.but not when cool outside.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
compression good. spark good. If you do not know just say so.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

There could be one of a dozen things wrong with the engine, or maybe there is nothing wrong and you are not starting it the right way. I don't and won't and can't now any of that unless I start asking you a bunch of questions back. I do not want to waste your time, and I do not want you to waste my time, do you want to continue, or did you want to quit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
quit.