Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a Yamaha Jet Boat SX230 (2004) and have a gh pitched

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha Jet Boat SX230 (2004) and have a high pitched hum (a,most whistle sound) coming from the left engine--any thoughts?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

If you have the hours on this unit that will help.

As you might figure its hard for us to diagnose noise especially when we cant actually hear it, so we need to depend more on you to give us more detailed information.

Try to pin point the area of the engine, changes with rpm, more symptoms leading up to maybe ? in the water verses out ? at a certain RPM ? and more prevalent at a certain RPM, like I said the more info we can get it will likely trigger something we have seen in the past ?