Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

BOAT MOTOR: 02 Mercury Marine 40 hp 4-stroke EFI PROBLEM:

Customer Question

BOAT MOTOR: 02 Mercury Marine 40 hp 4-stroke EFI
PROBLEM: Varied power at full throttle. This is my Father's boat in question. It runs fine at full throttle for a couple of minutes (launched out on the water) and then the guardian beeps and reduces the motor's RPM's by at least half. He's brought it to a Mercury Certified Dealer several times in the last 3 years and we still have made no headway on the problem.
I'm a Service Disabled War Time Veteran of the United States Army, and truly find spending time on the water with my Father a healing experience. For Father's Day, I am digging into this situation to try and fix this HUGE problem. PLEASE HELP!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. What kind of help are you looking for? How is it I can help you?