Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1998 Sea Ray 190 Cuddy Cabin with a 4.3 Mercruiser

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Sea Ray 190 Cuddy Cabin with a 4.3 Mercruiser i purchased a new battery and accidentally hooked it up backwards and have no power to anything except the trim I have already replaced the starter fuse and tried to reset the circuit breaker what else can I do
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

If you already replaced the starter fuse then this is going to take some troubleshooting in order to figure out where the loss of voltage is happening. Do you have a hand held volt meter, and do you know how to take voltage measurements?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is Brandon and no I don't own a Voltage meter the day i bought the new battery everything was working and i wasn't paying attention and hooked the battery up backwards and nothing but the trim has worked since
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried resetting the circuit breaker today to but nothing
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Brandon, without a volt meter there isn't anything we can test. Did you have any questions, either specific or general for me?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply. The website has charged you to speak with me. Did you have any questions for me or are you all set?