Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a Sea Ray 300 Sedan Bridge with twin 260HP Mercruiser

Customer Question

I have a Sea Ray 300 Sedan Bridge with twin 260HP Mercruiser Inboard engines. They run fine but the port engine idles at 1000RPM and the starboard at about 700 how do I synchronize the two engines?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: have a Sea Ray 300 Sedan Bridge with twin 260HP Mercruiser Inboard engines. There are two helms but I am do not use the lower helm as the throttle cables do not work well and If I try to use them I snap the cables. In fact I propose to disconnect the cables from the lower helm.
They run fine but the port engine idles at 1000RPM and the starboard at about 700 how do I synchronize the two engines?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: i think that is all I can say at the present.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All Mercrusiers are cataloged byserial number, can I get the serial on the engine that is running high so I know exactly what you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I do not have the serial number with me I will have to get back to you.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

What years are the engines? Do you know if they are carbureted or fuel injected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact you tomorrow after I have found the Serial Numbers of the engines
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not start my free tial
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

No problem,, there are no time limits here. I will wait for the serial umbers and we can go from there.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Any luck with those serial numbers?