Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a1990 Mastercraft Maristar I had water fill the boat

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a1990 Mastercraft Maristar I had water fill the boat due to a leaky mooring cover. It resulted in some electrical issues that were fixed. Water bled into the transmission. I pumped out what oil I could (about 2 Qts.) I think the capacity is 3 Qts. The oil had a milkie look to it. How do I drain the remaining oil, and is the milkie oil doing damage to my transmission.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

What model transmission do you have? Do you have a Mercruiser engine?