Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a mercruiser 2005 4.3. It popped the ignition fuse

Customer Question

I have a mercruiser 2005 4.3. It popped the ignition fuse button on the dash. I reset an it started fine. Idled out to lake and throttled up and it died. Won't start, turn over or do anything. Accessories and trim. All wrk fine. Ignition button is not popped. At a loss?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All Mercruisers are cataloged by serial number, can I start by getting that number.

Next, do you have a hand held volt meter, and do you know how to take voltage measurements? If yes, are you hear the boat now and ready to work? If no, how is it I can best be of help to you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Name is***** number is *****I do have a meter but am mot at boat. What steps should I take?
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tim,

With out you being near the boat now this is going to be difficult to do. When do you think you can get back out to it?