Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

1997 40 hp mercury 4 cylinder with oil injection. Sometimes

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
1997 40 hp mercury 4 cylinder with oil injection. Sometimes the alarm sounds for extended periods even though it is running cool (hand in output cooling stream) and the oil tank is full.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: That is pretty much it. I think that the alarm is sounding for no reason. I disconnected the temp sensor to see if it was bad but alarm still sounds. I have not done anything more with the oil level sensor.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, can I start by getting that number so I can run it and see exactly which engine you have.

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Are you still with me?