Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I got a 1987 bass tracker classic 50 45hp 2 stroke.Took it

Customer Question

I got a 1987 bass tracker classic 50 45hp 2 stroke.Took it out last sunday for some fishing, after day is done came to put the boat on trailer while still in the water boat dies, came home and checked it out, the 20 glass fuse blew in the motor, replace that fuse 0and motor cranks right up, but now the tilt and trim wont raise or lower and i got 3 switches on the boat, tilt and trim swtich in the front of the boat and the rear and the handle they dont all work, only the middle square botton work on the handle to go up only
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

First make sure that the connections on the battery and there they are clean. If that is good, try and run a temporary power wire from the battery to the switch. It the trim not works, you will need to basically rewire the trim circuit of the boat.