Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have power to rt side of boat, my gauges and tilt to motor

Customer Question

I have power to rt side of boat, my gauges and tilt to motor not working
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: i think i have a fuse problem, all fuses in panel good is there any other fuses, My cigarette lighter shorted out and now i have no working gauges nor lights on Lt side of boat, Tilt to motor not working. have power to key switch
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

There is a fuse on the power supply to the fuse panel. This is a red wire with an inline fuse holder or circuit breaker on the positive side of the battery. Check that fuse or breaker. If that fuse is good then we will need a volt meter to check for voltage loss. On the trim what is the make, model and serial number of the engine?