Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

The Power lever on my 2007, 50 HP does not touch the

Customer Question

The Power lever on my 2007, 50 HP does not touch the carburator linkage when the throttle is in the IDLDE position nor when the throttle is advanced to the FAST IDLE position. It, the engin dies when the throttle is retarded to tne Netural / Idle position. The only way to start the engine is to advance the throttle about another half to three quarter inch give the choke / prime button a quick and brief punce. After it satrts and runs for 30 or 40 seconds can the throttle be returned ot the idle position. The idle speed is 775 to 800 RPM.
Power throttle is aprox 3,16" to 1/4" from contactiong the linkage for the carbs when the throttle is in Netural.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Would you please post the serial number of the engine?

Has anything been done to the engine recently?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The serial number of my ouyboard is, 1B489538 The sticker states mfg date May 2007.
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Ok, lets check the set up. Grasp the arm with the roller attached to it, see if it is loose. If you look on the cam for the throttle, the roller should be right at the raised line on it. Is that the way that yours is?

Can you post a pic on the set up here?