Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2006 25hp Mercury efi and I am getting no power to

Customer Question

I have a 2006 25hp Mercury efi and I am getting no power to the ecm or fuel pump, engine turns over fine, keyswitch checks out
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Well basically we need real Mercury schematics of the keyswitch,keyswitch harness to engine, and engine harness
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Not at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Has your engine been sitting for some time?

How are you testing items currently?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The engine hasn't been sitting at all. Bench tested high pressure pump it's fine. Using a fluke meter to test.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We are a boat shop, just never seen something like this before
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if I could get the flow chart out of the actual service manual and schematics we would be fine. Tried seloc online but what a 40 dollar waste of time.
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Sorry about the delay...

There is not a flow chart in the manual for the fuel pump not running. It does not energize when using the pull start until the second pull.

Have you already isolated the kill switch from the circuit and tested it that way?

Main fuse is good?