Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I can't seem to get my four winns fling into neutral. I

Customer Question

I can't seem to get my four winns fling into neutral. I replaced the control arm (the red safety button that takes it out of neutral broke).
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: it started up as normal, I put it in reverse and the red safety button broke. I immediately shut it down. I replaced the safety button, and it now won't seems as though it's still in neutral
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no I don't believe so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Does the engine make any sound? Do you have a volt meter to do some voltage tests? We need to find where the start circuit is loosing voltage.

Could I get the engine model number please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no, it's not making any sound whatsoever. I haven't tried the volt meter yet but I can get one
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it's the 90HP engine
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

What is the model year. We need to check for voltage at the key switch red wire then check for voltage on the yellow/red with key in crank position. If you have voltage in both placers then we must check fore voltage on the yellow/red at the start solenoid on the engine.

Post back with findings and questions.