Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA

I have a 1991 Yamaha wave runner and I can start it up it

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a 1991 Yamaha wave runner and I can start it up it will idol fine but when I go over half throttle it either bogs down or sounds like it's being governed. I brought it into a shop they thought it was the fuel pump changed that did a carb kit on it same problem. Then I told them to by pass the heat sensor and see if that was the problem. Nope same thing. I have just ordered a brand new cdi box for it because I don't know what else to do what do you think
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to ? I need a little more info and then we'll continue.

• Model
  • HIN hull number
  • Hours on this ski
  • Any mods to the engine
  • Salt or fresh water use ?
  • Do you have access to a multi-meter ?

I think you'll be wasting your money on a CDI box, if you didn't order it I would wait

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My name is***** mods on it I am currently away at work and will not be home until the 17 of June I'll get my buddy to pick it up from the shop where I spent 400 bucks on getting it fixed and all the guy did was carb kit it and change the fuel pump
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Thanks Nathan, when you get back shoot me a reply back and we'll continue, so you spent $400 and its still not fixed ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ya 400 for him to change fuel pump and Do a carb kit
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

OK, well when you get back and need my help, just reply back