Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I am interesting buying a 2016 crestliner commander 1850. My

Customer Question

I am interesting buying a 2016 crestliner commander 1850. My guestion is, is crestliner having trouble with their welding? I have look at commander and the welding around the windshield was very sloppy. It also was not very straight. Thank-You Les
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Les, my name is Jason.

Defects do happen, but Crestliner has no known history of welding issues (and they have been at it a long time). Did you happen to look at another boat of the same model to see if that one was the same?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I did not
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

To answer your question they are not known for having lousy welds. If you saw one that was lousy, it was probably done by somebody who didn't feel like giving it 100% that day. (Who knows, maybe the welder was on the verge of being fired, or he was hungover, or maybe his significant other was nagging him) Either way, the build quality on the boats is generally good. If you saw one with lousy welds I would bet that it was just that specific hull that was no good. Does that make sense?

Did you have any other questions on the issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi les,

It looks like you read my reply without putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason