Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1994 200 EFI ser no. G0145106 starts but won't pull all the

Customer Question

1994 200 EFI ser no. G0145106 starts but won't pull all the time. Been through all filters, cleaned and replaced all. installed different fuel tank and gas. has 36 psi at fuel rail all the time. Boggs down when put into gear. Occasionally it will take off and run fine then slowly die down and die. I installed a primer this morning and tryed it. when bogging i sprayed gas in it and it takes off. Still 36 psi fuel pressure.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Tim, my name is Jason.

What is the history on this engine, when did it last make full power? Have you ever personally seen it make full power?

How old is the fuel?

Has a compression test been done? Has a spark output test been done?

Your fuel pressure is on the low side, are yo using an accurate fuel pressure gauge, such as a Snap On, Mac, Matco or OTC.... Or is it a harbor freight cheapie style gauge?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It ran full power yesterday. Fuel pressure is right on according to my specs. Using new tank and fuel.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Computer was checked out twice. It's ok. Possibly tps?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I get 41 to 45 psi as a spec. What service manual are you reading?

Have you checked compression and spark output?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I put a fuel primer on and it goes to full power when I spray fuel in butterflies. I was hoping you had heard of this before.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks goodby
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I'm trying to help you. If you can't answer my questions then I can not help you. There is a method to troubleshooting these engines, if you do not follow the method then you can look at it until you are blue in the face and you will never get it fixed.