Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Oil sensor alam going off 4 beeps every 2 minutes. I have

Customer Question

Oil sensor alam going off 4 beeps every 2 minutes. I have replaced the fuel filter to make sure there was no water in filter and tested the oil sensor with ohm meter and magnet it is working properly. Both reseviors are full of oil. My last 2 ideas are the drive gear that pumps the oil may be bad but my temps are staing down I would think a lean / no oil mixture would make it run hot. I have also read it may be as simple as a bed resevior tank. Can you help me?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Would you please post the serial number on the engine you are working on so I can run it and see exactly what you have.

Next, if you disconnect the 2 wires that go to the engines oil tank, does the alarm stop or continue?