Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

There is no power to the ignition switch or any accessories

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The battery is new but there is only power to things directly wired to the battery.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No that is it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the make, model and serial number of the engine you are working on please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Met ruined
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mercruiser 4.3. Serial number is *****
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a volt meter to do some voltage tests? Have you tried resetting the circuit breaker on the engine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried resetting and it does nothing.
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Ok we need to do some voltage tests to find where the problem is. Do you have a volt meter to do some voltage tests?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Can you get one? Is it possible you reversed the battery cables when you replaced the battery?

Without a voltmeter I can only guess what the problem is. I can give you the most likely cause.