Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Boat has not been in the water years. 5.0 mere. Just in the

Customer Question

boat has not been in the water for 3 years. 5.0 mere. Just in the water for an hour up to 1200 rpm runs great, above to 1500 rpm and it is starving for gas. speeds up and down. back off to 1200 rpm and runs well.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Have you changed any of the fuel filters?

Could I get engine serial number please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Currently away from boat so serial number not available. No I have not changed any of the fuel filters, How many and where
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

This engine will have one water separator fuel filter on the front of engine stbd side. I will need serial number for exact location.

This is a canister filter looks like a oil filter. When you remove the filter pour the contents into a clear container. Watch for separation of fuel and contaminants.

If engine runs the same you will need to get a gas can and some fuel hose remove the fuel hose from engine plug hose then connect you short piece of fuel hose to the fitting on the engine then put the other end of the fuel hose in the gas can. Secure the gas can run the boat. Does it run better or no change?

This will eliminate the boat side fuel system telling us the engine is the problem or the boat side fuel system is the problem.

Post back with findings and questions.