Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I'm in a tournament utters stuck up. Remote says motor

Customer Question

I'm in a tournament utters stuck up. Remote says motor paused. Help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Like I said ulterior stuck in I opposition and remotes says motor paused
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Remove the center cover over the main electronics cover on the base assemble. Locate the red and black wires tht run directly from the trim module to the trim motor. Apply 12 V between the wires, if the trim tries to lift the motor, reverse the leads and see if you can get the motor to deploy slightly. It is does move, you will need to replace the trim module.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nope u are wrong. We realigned the motor so it was straight and
Double tapped
Remote and it worked. Problem was a buddy secured wires underneath with cable ties. They were too tight and stopped and turned motor. Sensors were off. Ur welcome. Refund my money.
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Wish I would have had a pic of the motor to go off of. Good luck in the tourny.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No worries lol
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Thanks