Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Rebuilt impeller Removed lower unit in Neutral but noticed

Customer Question

Rebuilt impeller Removed lower unit in Neutral but noticed that while moving it around must have spun a little bit Now I can't seem to find the right sequence on the shifter linkage and splines to go into a Neutral position when the shifter is in Neutral Its a F50 Yamaha outboard motor 2006
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Does he engine seem to always be in gear now?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I take the lower unit back off to start over again I can't even find Neutral by slowly turning the shifter post. About three or four times I had it back together and Neutral was found when I had the throttle control in reverse I just don't know the procedure for figuring out which position the lower unit needs to be in when Sliding the unit back up into the linkage coupling
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still out there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello