Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Went to start my 300hp 2007 Verado night before last. Tick,

Customer Question

Hello Jason. Went to start my 300hp 2007 Verado night before last. Tick, tick, tick. Low battery. Went home and got my battery pack and jumped it to battery #2. She started but no electronics. After further investigation found that the breaker to the trim tabs was tripped, the fuse on top of the battery (for power steering pump 90 amp) was fried, the in line 150 amp fuse off the alternator cooked, as well as 3 fuses for electronics. Gradually replacing all. Waiting on the cable with 150 amp fuse. Alternator is putting out. Will get it all back together but trying to figure out what would have caused this in the first place. Don't want to blow the whole system again.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

I do not see a question in all that you wrote. How is it that I may assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to start my 300hp 2007 Verado night before last. Tick, tick, tick. Low battery. Went home and got my battery pack and jumped it to battery #2. She started but no electronics. After further investigation found that the breaker to the trim tabs was tripped, the fuse on top ofthe battery (for power steering pump 90 amp) was fried, the in line 150 amp fuse off the alternator cooked, as well as 3 fuses for electronics. Gradually replacing all. Waiting on the cable with 150 amp fuse. Alternator is putting out. Will get it all back together but trying to figure out what would have caused this in the first place. Don't want to blow the whole system again.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Where is the boat stored? And do all the electronics still work?

is there a battery charger in the boat and was it plugged in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boat is on the dock and there is no electricity to the dock. As remote as it might be we are wondering about a possible lightening strike. But at the same time the switches for both batteries were off as well as the accessory switch.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

I was actually thinking along the same lines. that would be one of just a few things that could do the amount of damage like this.