Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I just rebuilt the carb on a wave runner III and it still is

Customer Question

I just rebuilt the carb on a wave runner III and it still is not getting fuel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I just rebuilt the carb and still not getting fuel, not sure the three hoses are in proper positions. Thought the diagram I drew was accurate but no fuel. Fuel filter is now full though and it starts just fine but quits whenstartingfluid is gone.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Before I did the card,no fuel was moving through the fuel filter it remained half fuel. Now it is full but does not seem to reach the carb. Gas is on but suspect maybe the mounting gasket is sucking air, a new one was not included in the rebuild kit. Doesn't make sense though as that would make it run rough but run nevertheless
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Would you mind checking one thing for me on the carb. Follow the fuel line from the pet cock to the carb and tell me if you have it plugged in on the top fitting or the bottom fitting.

Thanks,

Customer/p>
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 11 months ago.

Hi.

Just following up on this issue. Have you made any headway on it yet? If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Seems we have some unanswered questions from the very early diagnostic stage.

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks

Customer/p>