Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

How do I wire the rectifier red 2 yellow with blue stripes

Customer Question

How do I wire the rectifier red 2 yellow with blue stripes and 1 solid yellow which one is the ground?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Replaced the power pack no fire do going in none out of the performance ok and the rectifier not hooked up 1977 Johnson it up 85EL77S IS THE model number
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Ment to say nothing coming out the power pack that's all I know bought it from guy he said power pack bad he replaced it once before and done same thing ayear or 2 later he had used a used power pack
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The rectifier wires match up to the yellow wires coming from the stator. Yellow to yellow. The yellow/blue goes to the yellow/gray and the yellow to yellow. The rectifier is grounded through the case no ground wire. The red goes to the same terminal as the battery cable connection on the solenoid.

As for the no spark issue we have to test the brown wires coming out of the stator and the timer base wires.

Do you have a peak reading volt meter or a DVA adapter for you meter to do some voltage tests?

If no meter peak or DVA do you have an ohm meter?