Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

When i switch the lever to dry bowl after clearing the waste

Customer Question

when i switch the lever to dry bowl after clearing the waste it binds up and I must hold the lever with my free hand hard over to get the pump to dry up. There is considerable force needed to get the lever to stay on the marks to pump out. The toilet is a year old
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the model number of your head please?

Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Does this look like your head? http://www.downwindmarine.com/images/P/91002523.jpg

If not please post the model number please.

If this is the chances are the valve is flipped or had something lodged in it. The valve is in # ***** in the gasket. The lever # ***** and arm # ***** open and close the valve. Something is dislodged or jammed in the valve. You will have to remove the top cover # ***** of the pump. Unscrew handle # ***** then remove the screws # ***** from cover pull cover and inspect the valve and the levers.

Post back with findings and questions.

Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

In this pic are the parts that can fouled up. The blue valve is where the issue usually lies. The valve is a rubber flap with a piece of brass. The # ***** pushes the valve open and closed with the lever.

The only other issue is could be just corroded in the shaft of the lever. You will have to disassemble the top to find the problem.

Post pictures of you findings if you don't find the problem.