Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Chester I have 1995 Seadoo sportster 657 engine Ecm not

Customer Question

Hi Chester I have 1995 Seadoo sportster 657 engine Ecm not working checked by Seadoo dealer any way I was told I can put regular ecm
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi any Seadoo mechanic out there
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Chester my name is Kenny

What do you have here, is this a single engine boat and if I can have a little more detailed info as to what's was the symptom, and the please clarify what you are looking for ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry yes it's a single engine 657
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Took it to the Seadoo dealer they said the ecm gone new Eco for that is not available was told that can use the ecm of a regular Seadoo
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

So what was the original problem, no spark, was anything melted, please give me some background ? A lot of time these things are mis-diagnosed and what the dealer told you might not be necessarily be the actual defect ?

Depending on what was originally wrong it might be something else, I like to cover all my bases. Remember I have not touched this unit or been involved in any of the process prior ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Blows the starter fuse no spark
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

So everything you replace the fuse it will blow every time you hit the starter button ? if so then how do you know there is no spark, I just need some back ground so we don't put a lot of effort in trying to come up with MPEM and that's not it ?