Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Yamaha V-max 150 Power Trim switch at motor will trim up and

Customer Question

Yamaha V-max 150 Power Trim
switch at motor will trim up and down
switch at Shift or throttle only works in down pulled switch out to look at it has alight blue wire / red wire & light green wire When operating the switch the light blue wire makes it go down i also have a trim switch on the steering wheel it also will only work in the down postion . Front deck switch same thing. Can a jumper wire be used to find the problem?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Your problem is going to be in the boat wiring harness for the trim to the engine. Since it should be the blue wire that trims the engine up and the green should go down, I feel that you simply have a broken wire at a connector near the helm. You may need to remove a panel from the side of the boat to see it.