Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Just purchased a 2001 Sea Ray 215 Express Cruiser with

Customer Question

Just purchased a 2001 Sea Ray 215 Express Cruiser with Mercruiser 5.0 260 HP I/O. Inexperienced boater. Before putting in water, I filled up with 26 gal gas. Fuel backed up the fill and out the fill door. Thought maybe I was filling too fast. I then continued to fill and forced in another 4 gal. Put boat in water and operated for under an hour. No issues. Came back the next week and operated another hour. Boat stalled out. Could not get to turn over. Let sit 5 min and it fired up again. Drove for a couple minutes and it died out again. Could I have caused a fuel venting issue that is starving the motor of gas by the overfill?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Overfilling the tank would not have caused the stalling. Did the engine re-start after stalling the 2nd time? Or did it run fine after that?