Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma

I have a boat that is a 2005 Four Winds 264 Funship with a

Customer Question

I have a boat that is a 2005 Four Winds 264 Funship with a 6.2 Mercury MPI engine. Last fall when I had it winterized on the dock (where it is stored on a boat lift), I had the marina change the impeller. First time I started the boat and used it was today. After I started it I got a continuous audible alarm. This seemed to be the same alarm you would hear as you turn the key to the start postion (to warm people that you are starting the boat). The alarm would not go off.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. A continuous alarm can be due either to overheating, no oil pressure or else low gear oil in the reservoir. sice you replaced the impeller i am assuming that the engine is not overheating. As for the oil pressure you can verify that with the oil pressure gauge. Thus i suggest you to check the gear oil reservoir on top of the engine, make sure that the oil level is between the two lines. If it is already make sure that the float inside the reservoir is not stuck in the down position, try pulling it up using a screw driver or something thin.

If you require further assistance let me know.