Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

2.5 hp 4 stroke Honda. 2013. Never has run well. It will

Customer Question

2.5 hp 4 stroke Honda. 2013. Never has run well. It will start and run 10 minutes. Then won’t start again. Had Honda look at. Ran just fine in his tank. Went out the lake got away from the dock, 5 minutes and it stopped. Sailed for a couple of hours’ headed Back to the dock never got it started. Pretty much same story ever since. I put stable fuel additive in for the off season. Started a couple of weeks ago in the garage and it ran for 20 minutes. Idled just fine. Went to the lake, 5 minutes out it stopped and never started. Drained all the fuel and put in ethanol fee fuel but no luck getting it started. It’s a good thing I like to sail and have a paddle. I mean this thing hasn’t run a total of 60 minutes. Got any idea?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. When you took it to the mechanic, did he run it using a separate fuel tank or using the one with the engine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have any suggestion for me?