Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

The throttle control alarm going off a solid gh pitch sound

Customer Question

The throttle control alarm going off a solid high pitch sound constantly as soon as key turned on its a 90 horse 2 stroke optimal 1999 year it's putting water out & a pairs to smoke normally
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

There can be two causes for this. Water in the fuel or low oil in the engine oil tank/bad sensor.

Remove the fuel filter from the engine and pour it into a glass jar. Allow it to settle. Are there two layers in it? If so, you have water.

If not, make sure that the oil tank is full. If it is, disconnect the alarm on the tank and then turn the key on, if you now are not getting an alarm, it is the float in the tank that has failed and the tank will need to be replaced.

I have to setp away for a DR appt and will be back on a little over an hour. I am looking forward to your replies.