Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My Boston has a Mercruiser 3.0 130 hp, only 45 hrs of use.

Customer Question

My Boston has a Mercruiser 3.0 130 hp, only 45 hrs of use. Last year because the thrust was bad, the block was opened and the rings of one cylinder were wasted, causing bad compression, so they were replaced, also it was discovered that one of the seals of the block was leaking, explaining the smoke y gas that was in the engine compartment when on. The seals were changed for new ones. We tried the engine at the sea and was fine. After 6-7 hours of use, I gave full throttle reaching 4.500 rpms, all nice and smooth for to 2-3 minutes. The block seal ruptured and lost compression, all full of smoke and noise in the engine compartment.
Do you have any idea what can be going wrong????
The mecanic doesn't understand what's the problem.
Many thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Daniel, my name is Jason.

Which seal ruptured specifically? Are you talking about the head gasket, or something else?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do no not know
It is in the right side of the engine
You can feel the gas like a jet coming out of the blocking the upper part
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

If you do not know how is it I can help you? Do you want to speak with your mechanic and find out exactly what is ruptured and get back to me?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will do
And get in touch again
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Sounds good. Talk to you soon.