Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

1999 mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Audio beep alarm ON 1 sec, then

Customer Question

1999 mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Audio beep alarm ON 1 sec, then OFF 2 seconds.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: gauges show good oil pressure, and good temp. drive cylinder full
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: book says thats what the beep indicates.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Are you near the boat now for a test?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tom
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think i checked on the boxes and signed my life away on this web site again! Got kids waiting - please help
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Tom,

If you look at the gear lube monitor there are 2 wires that come out of the bottom of it. Disconnect those and let me know if the alarm contiues, or if it stops.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just a moment
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

okay

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Any Result?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 tiny wires that i need a very small nut driver for?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

You shouldn't need a nut driver, they should just unplug. Are you looking at the gear lube monitor bottle and not something else?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello??\
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I'm here. I sent you a reply at 106pm and did not hear back from you regarding that reply, do you not see it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i see it now, but it wasnt there until this recent reply
there is a wire that unplugs a little up from the bottom. there is also a wire with fuse in it. both right next to gear lube bottle. is there something on bottom of bottle? i didnt see. going to look again
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

There is supposed to be 2 small wires that run right into the bottom of the bottle. If you do not see them, please take a picture of the bottle for me so I can see what you are looking at.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this is what i think your referring to
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this is the bottom of overflow near belt of engine
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

The first picture you sent is the trim pump motor. The 2nd picture is the gear lube monitor. If you look at the bottom of the monitor, you will see a white nut with 2 black wires that come out of it. Trace those wires, and you should find a pair of bullet style connectors where you can unplug them. Unplug those wires and let me know if the alarm stops or not.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
got ya now....lookin
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nope. that did not stop it. The oil pressure gauge appears to be working, but Possibly not a smoothly as i remember
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
oh, and tach is not working
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

If that did not stop it then you will have to have the engine scanned for codes. I will not be able to help you with this any further. Good luck!

Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Here is a chart of the audio warning and their meanings. The alarm is general and can be any of these components in the list failing. This is the reason the engine needs to be scanned.