Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

My 2007 270 SLX smart craft gauges stopped working.

Customer Question

My 2007 270 SLX smart craft gauges stopped working. Speedometer is stuck at 13 mph as at all other gauges. I've shut the power off and gauges won't shut off. I also have a blank digital screen. Is there a way to reset?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

On the engine there is a fuse box that will have a small fuse for the helm. This sounds like you have blown that fuse and the dash is not getting any power to it. Check this fuse and make sure that it is ok. If it is good. Disconnect all of the SmartCraft lines under the dash one at a time and check them for corrosion. Then reattach them. Test the dash. You may just have a weak connection as well.