Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

How much would it cost to replace a does 2000 260hp Volvo

Customer Question

How much would it cost to replace a does 2000 260hp Volvo Penny marine motor in a 28 foot Grady White
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Price can vary quite a bit. Are you looking for a rebuilt/remanufactured engine or a brand new turn key engine? Did you want a carbureted engine, or fuel injected engine?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Rebuilt
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does fuel injected
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Diesel
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry I do not understand, are you looking for a gasoline or diesel powered engine?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Diesel I'm a w op men don't know mechannics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm a woman don't know mechanics
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Remanufactured diesel engines are going to be very expensive. Were you looking for a certain brand?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What will fit
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

4 cylinder diesel engines will fit. You would be looking in the 15 to 18K range per engine installed. For this sized boat it would be much more economical to stay with gas. A brand new gas fuel injected engine would run in the 8500 range.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

You are very welcome.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me. But they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you until you select a rating for me.

Thanks again,

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Good morning, just checking in, did you have any further questions on the issue?

Jason