Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 30hp e-tec that will run 10 minutes then shut down.

Customer Question

I have a 30hp e-tec that will run for about 10 minutes then shut down. I noticed that it is not pumping water. could the drain line be clogged? If so, which port on the rear of the motor is the drain?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Pat, my name is Jason.

The engine should have a working alarm system on it. Does the alarm beep every time you start it to let you know that the alarm is working?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, it does not
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Remove the engine cover and locate the EMM, the EMM will have 4 leds on the side of it. Start it up, and let me know if any of the LED's start to flash, and if yes, make note of which ones.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We Do you not see anything flashing we see three things on one side one on the front are those the LED? The motor is not pumping water, we have no kill switch attached, but the motor cranks
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Is the engine actually getting hot? If you run it, and touch the cylinder head, is it very hot to the touch? Or is it more like holding on to a hot cup of coffee?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
R u still there? Pretty long response time
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry for the delay. We also offer phone service. Another customer wanted and paid for a phone call, so I was on the phone with him for the last 1/2 an hour.

That being said, I was waiting for a responose from you. I asked you at 4:21 "Is the engine actually getting hot? If you run it, and touch the cylinder head, is it very hot to the touch? Or is it more like holding on to a hot cup of coffee?"

I never got a response from you on those 3 questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We are not. Satisfied do not bill us