Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 155 wake pro sea doo jet ski. It will crank fine

Customer Question

I have a 155 wake pro sea doo jet ski. It will crank fine but will not accelerate? Any suggestions? This is a brand new jet ski with only 4 hours on it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Earlier in the day we ran over the tube rope and it was wrapped around the shaft. We had to cut the rope, but the jet ski ran fine after that incident.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

I need clarification on what the ski is doing now. When you say it wont accelerate, do you mean the engine revs up but the ski doesn't move, or do you mean the engine will not rev up when you pull on the throttle trigger?

Expert:  RSRBOB replied 3 months ago.

Have you made any headway on this? I see we still have some unanswered questions that are very early in the diagnostic process. Let me know if you need any more help with this.