Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 2003 x-7 I'm trying to access the remote stereo on

Customer Question

I have a 2003 x-7 I'm trying to access the remote for the stereo on the drivers side. I bought a replacement stereo and am told it only works with the mw1 which is 1 1/2 times bigger than the one the boat came with. any thoughts on what to do. I can't get the panels off to get at the cable to the old remote
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

In order to get the panel off, you are going to need to reach behind it and check it for being through bolted. This should be able to be done from under the console and reaching into the hole there. once you locate the nuts, hold them while you also turn the screws out and you can get the panel off.