Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My dad has a 1998 Mercury/Force 50 HP, he is 80 years old

Customer Question

My dad has a 1998 Mercury/Force 50 HP, he is 80 years old and disconnected 1 wire and does remember where it goes. I am a good auto mechanic and dont see where it came off. It is preventing the engine from starting. It is on the engine terminal strip and I have a photo of it, but I cant seem to locate a elect schematic.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes, 1 more thing- M y 1999 evenrude check engine light comes on once in a while butt he motor runs fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

You are only allowed to ask 1 question about 1 engine per question page. Which engine did you want to work on, the force or the evinrude?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The force, I have a picture of the engine terminal block and what wire is in question. Also, I cannot get your web site to work as it wont allow me to use the PW your company supplied and my payment went through. But it appears we are communicating so I dont know how this works.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry for the delay Steve. Phone service is something we offer. I had to call another customer and I was on the phone with him for a better part of an hour.

If you look at the screen you should see a button that says "add files", you can click on that to add the pictures.

What color wire is the wire in question?

Did you want to do this over the phone as well, or stay online?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Steve, just checking in, did you still need help with this?