Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

How do you remove a Volvo penta fuel regulator. Volvo penta

Customer Question

How do you remove a Volvo penta fuel regulator. Volvo penta 8.2gii-E
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Eric, my name is Jason.

I do apologize for the delay, your question accidently got sent to the Volvo car catgory, instead of the Volvo boat category. Did you still need help with this, or did you figure it out?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

There is a snap ring that hold that in place. The snap ring is going to be painted the same color red so it might be hard to see the 2 little "eyes" on the snap ring. But what you do gently push in on the regulator, remove the snap ring with a pair of snap ring pliers, and then the regulator will pull out. Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you send a diagram of the part
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Sure. It's not easy to see because it's a lousy picture, but the snap ring is #9. See attachment. You can also click this link, this shows the snap ring at the top. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/images/hg/omc/3857703.jpg What it looks like is a standard snap ring, if you are unfamiliar with what that looks like, click this link. http://www.oneillbrothers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/5/1598.jpg To remove it, you would need a set of snap ring pliers. Something like this; http://public.snapon.com/R_RRD/Objects_lg/images/PR16.jpg
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Jason

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks will check it out
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

You are very welcome. Just remember it will be hard to see because the snap ring is painted red as well. Just look for the 2 little eyes on the ring, those are what you squeeze together with the pliers to remove it. Please let me know if you run into any problems when trying to select a rating for my service.

Good luck!

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Eric,

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me. But they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you until you select a rating for me.

Thanks again,

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Eric, just checking in. Were you able to get your regulator out?