Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Need to know where two blue wing plugs go on the motor. I

Customer Question

Need to know where two blue wing nut plugs go on the motor. I had it winterized and the mechanic took them off. I don't know where they go.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Those are the drain plugs. They go in the side of the engine block. # ***** is the blue wing nut it screws into # ***** There should be a washer with the wing nuts also. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/static/img/COMMON/37731.gif

Post back if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

When you start the engine look for water leaks. There are more than 2 plugs on some engine so if you find water coming out of the engine that is where another plug needs to be put in or the hose reattached. Different mechanics winterize in different way so you might have more than those 2 plugs/wing nuts.

Thank you.....Tan