Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 it has been sitting years

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 it has been sitting for 2 years with a full take of fuel and I tried starting it and no fuel come from the fuel pump what could it be
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It's been sitting 2 years full tank of fuel and I took the supply line off of the fuel fump and turned it over and nothing happens I reset the two button still nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

first you will need to make sure that you are getting power to the pump when you are pressing the start button. Unplug the connector at the pump, then using a multimeter, test the voltage to the plug while you are cranking the engine. If you are getting none, check all of he fuses in the electrical box. If you are getting power then the pump has locked up due to the sitting and will need to be either cleaned out to see if it will run again, or replaced.